For centuries we have considered lying down as the best position to sleep in. It does help our heart rates to slow down and our spines to decompress after a busy day of movement, but nothing says that it’s the only way to sleep. For some people with certain conditions, trying to sleep lying down is uncomfortable and even painful. For those people, sleeping in an almost upright or inclined position is much more pleasant and provides more restful sleep than lying on a traditional flat mattress. A comforter chair Webster TX can provide a great solution for relaxation as well as sleep.
These are some of the benefits that sleeping in a recliner can provide.
- 1. Relief from back pain –lying flat puts pressure on our spines while sitting in a reclined position relieves that pressure and gives our core muscles the opportunity to relax. A recliner also allows us to elevate our feet which also alleviates pain by putting our bodies in a position that follows its natural curvature.
- 2. Better blood circulation –standing and being active all day forces the blood in our bodies to charge downward toward our legs and feet. Putting our feet up, especially if we can get them higher than the level of our hearts, helps us to recuperate from weariness and helps gravity to reduce inflammation and stress naturally.
- 3. Improved breathing –sleeping in a reclined position helps to open the diaphragm so that less pressure is put on our lungs. We can breathe more freely and comfortably. This is especially important for people who suffer from acid reflux, heartburn, or Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD). The more upright sleeping position allows gravity to help keep stomach acids down where they belong. Pregnant woman may also find relief from the pressure that the baby can put on the diaphragm when carried higher up in the body.
- 4. Greater peace of mind –when we are calm and breathing naturally, our nervous systems can also rest from stressors and enhance the quality of our sleep.
- 5. Healthier digestion –greater levels of tranquility also help our bodies to digest our food more fully to bring better healing and restoration to our bodies.